Thursday, August 19, 2010

Recession-Proof Business Plan: Coming to a Late-Night Infomercial Near You...





Amazing things happen when you are bored at work. I came across the below website while Google imaging a picture of a hot dog to send to a co-worker. Context will not save me here, but, for about two months, there was this recurring smell of hot dogs in our area; I guess this was my way of exploring creative ways to complain about it. We never actually identified the source of the phantom stench, but, I always suspected (and still do) that it was the hoggish secretary around the corner - affectionately referred to as "Wench" - who consumes a steady diet of weight loss supplements, pop chips and overripe fruit. (We suspect the latter is for purposes of clandestinely catching a mid-day buzz.)



Anyhow, I happened upon this website and I felt it needed to be posted here for my friends to explore. In all seriousness, this could be the most important business literature you will ever read:

www.hotdogbook.com

Don't believe me? Read this part about the red onion sauce and tell me that doesn't light the mighty flame of enterprise under your ass:

"What is Red Onion sauce? This one you better know if you want to sell hot dogs. This is a must for New Yorkers an [sic] you better know it. I have had Rolls Royce's [sic], Cadillac's [sic] and other very expensive vehicles with very wealthy to do [?] drivers and occupants pull up to my cart and ask me if I had red onion sauce? [sic] What's that I said? I have Bermuda Onion's [sic] and they would give me a look of disgust and drive off!"

Click here for other unlikely scenarios and more!!

The soi-disant "Best Hot Dog Book Out There" also promises to answer the questions on everybody's mind. For instance:

"Was [the hot dog] invented out of necessity or panic?"

Nothing I could write could make this question any better, so before you go off and explore the website only Basil Marceaux could top, be sure to catch the "Hotdog Jokes;" "Hotdog Statistics;" and, the audio intro!

Happy Browsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment